Not sure what things to register for with your second baby? Check out this helpful list! Great suggestions, and reasons why you should definitely register with your second baby! A must-read for second-time moms!
This post contains affiliate links.
When I was pregnant with my first baby, my husband and I registered for all the things. We had so much fun picking out clothes, pacifiers, bottles, a bassinet, a bouncer, and all of the cute little things you need for a baby. Once our little guy was born and started growing out of things, we saved them, and when the time came for baby #2, we had a lot of what we already needed. But there were still lots of things we needed to buy for our second baby!
People might tell you that it’s not worth it to create a baby registry for your second baby, but it absolutely is! There are lots of benefits to registering, especially if you do it with Amazon Baby Registry. Today I’m going to share a helpful list of things to register for with your second baby, and why it’s worth it to register for your second baby.
1. A double stroller. If you’ve got kids within a few years of age, you’re definitely going to want a double stroller. And since they can be a little on the expensive side, adding one to your registry is the way to go. I don’t like my double stroller, so I’m recommending the City Select stroller with the second seat. I’ve tried it out and it’s ah-mazing. Plus I have like 10 friends who love theirs. It’s like the Cadillac of strollers.
2. Diapers. One obvious thing you can’t reuse with your second thing are diapers, so adding them to your registry is a must! Babies go through so many diapers (it’s RIDICULOUS), so getting other people to buy them for you is very helpful! We personally really love Pampers and have used them with all three babies.
3. Wipes. Going right along with the diapers, you’re going to need wipes, and a lot of them! Make sure you add wipes to your registry, too! Babies are messy!
4. Baby wash and lotion. I have always made sure to add baby wash and lotion to my baby registries (even with my third baby), and I am so glad I did, because it’s something that we can always use at our house!
5. A second baby monitor camera. When our second baby was born, our son was just 18-months-old, so we still wanted a baby monitor in his room, too. Amazon has lots of baby monitors to choose from, and a lot of them have extra cameras you can add so you can have cameras in two rooms and still only use one parent monitor. And if the extra camera for your monitor isn’t available on Amazon, their baby registry allows you to add it from another site with their universal registry feature. Which is great, because you can make just one registry and have it all in one place! And even now that we have three, we still find all kinds of ways to use our baby monitor! They’re awesome!
6. White bodysuits. Even with my amazing secret for removing blowout stains, I still had a few white bodysuits that got trashed with our first baby. And since those are kind of a staple when you’ve got a baby, it’s nice to have a few on hand. So if you are in the same boat as me and need some crisp, new, white bodysuits, add them to your registry! They make for great outfits for monthly photos!
7. Diaper pail bags. If you have a diaper pail, register for some refill bags. I didn’t get a diaper pail until our third baby, but it has been revolutionary. And since these are another thing you can’t reuse, adding them to your registry is a great way to get more!
8. Diaper rash cream. Diaper rash cream is one of those things that you don’t think about buying until it’s too late and your baby already has a rash. And since I don’t think you can ever have too many tubes of diaper rash cream, adding a few tubes to your registry is a great idea!
Now why should you create a registry for your second baby? Hopefully I’ve already convinced you, but there are also a few benefits even if you don’t have a baby shower. Besides the fact that registering is super fun, it’s also a great way to keep track of what you need to get for your second baby (like the stuff on the list above!). Another reason to register for your second baby is that when you register is that when you register with Amazon Baby Registry (and you’re a Prime member), you get a free welcome box with full, travel and sample size products for parents-to-be and baby! Who doesn’t want free samples!? Amazon Baby Registry also offers a completion discount. Sixty days before your due date, Amazon gives you a 10% off discount (or 15% off if you are a Prime member) for select items that are left on your registry. So again, even if you don’t have a baby shower, it’s a great way to get a discount on the things that you need for your second baby. It’s so worth it to register!
Registering for your second baby is completely worth it, and now you know what things to register for with your second baby! Not to brag or anything, but I feel pretty confident in my list since I’ve had three babies and have reused a lot of stuff. There are just some things you can’t reuse, and registering for them is a great way to make sure you get everything you need before your baby is born! Having a second baby is crazy at first, but it really is amazing, so good luck, mamas!