Preparing for a day at the beach with a baby or toddler means more than just packing the beach bag! Here are some helpful tips for what to bring and how to protect and nourish your baby’s skin after you get home from the beach!
This post is sponsored by Baby Dove.
When you live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, you have to take time to explore them, right? We moved here last year and have big plans for a summer of fun before our oldest starts kindergarten in the fall. One thing we plan on doing a lot is going to the beach! We went a few times when we lived in Texas, and our kids absolutely loved it. Now we have a 16-month-old in tow, and our beach day is going to be a little bit different! When you’re preparing for a day at the beach with a baby or toddler, you have to think about pre-beach day and post-beach day, too!
Here’s what to pack in your beach bag when you’re going to the beach with a baby or toddler:
1. A hat for keeping the sun off your sweet little one’s head and face (assuming they don’t pull it off!).
2. Some type of sun shelter like a large umbrella, a tent, or a canopy so your little one has a place to play out of the sun.
3. A beach towel for drying off, sitting on, or snuggles.
4. A swimsuit that includes a rash guard to protect your child’s arms and torso from the sun.
5. Swim shoes, if your baby or toddler is walking, to protect their feet from the hot sand and any sharp shells or sticks hiding in the sand.
6. Sand toys so they have something to keep them occupied.
7. Sunscreen to protect their soft skin.
8. Water so nobody gets dehydrated.
9. Snacks so nobody gets hangry!
10. Swim diapers and a few regular diapers, because you will definitely need them both.
11. Baby Dove Rich Moisture Baby Wipes for gentle cleansing with instant moisturization for all over use (hands, face, and bottom!). They’re as gentle as water and are perfect for bringing to the beach because they effectively remove any impurities while instantly moisturizing!
12. Baby Dove Rich Moisture Baby Lotion to help retain your baby’s natural skin moisture.
Going to the beach with a baby or toddler can be a lot of fun, with proper preparation! I love watching my kids discover the feeling of sand in their toes for the first time! And it’s such a relaxing way to enjoy a day in the sun! Unfortunately all that time in the sun can really dry out your child’s skin! The sun’s rays can penetrate skin and remove a lot of the moisture and oils that keep skin healthy and soft. So when you get home, make sure you take care of your child’s skin and keep it nice and soft with Baby Dove products!
Baby Dove has your baby covered from head to toe, and only Baby Dove goes beyond mildness to replenish essential moisture and skin-natural nutrients lost during bathing! During a single bath, baby’s skin can lose moisture up to five times faster than an adult’s, making it vulnerable to dryness. I’ve had a baby in the house for over five years, and I’ve tried a lot of different cleansers and lotions. Baby Dove is definitely my favorite, and the only one that really helps restore my son’s soft skin after bath time!
Baby Dove cleansers and lotions are made with 100% skin-natural nutrients for delicate baby skin, and not only are they dermatologist and pediatrician tested, but they are hypoallergenic and created with no dyes, no parabens, and no phthalates. Baby Dove cleansers and lotions contain nutrients that are 100% identical to those found naturally in skin, and the full range of products work together to go beyond mildness by helping replenish essential moisture and skin-natural nutrients in baby’s skin.
Baby Dove has products for all skin types in its Rich Moisture and Sensitive Moisture ranges. The Rich Moisture range was developed for babies with normal to dry skin, which is my little guy! The Baby Dove Rich Moisture Shampoo helps keep baby’s scalp moisturized and hair soft. It’s mild and caring formula has a fragrance specifically developed for baby’s delicate skin, and it’s made with 100% skin-natural nutrients combined with gentle cleansers to help replenish skin lipids to keep delicate baby skin nourished and healthy. Plus it’s a tear-free formula!
We also love the Baby Dove Rich Moisture Tip to Toe Wash because it gently moisturizes baby’s skin all day. It products a rich and creamy lather that leaves skin feeling clean and soft, and the mild and caring formula has a fragrance specifically developed for baby’s delicate skin! And if you’re a fan of bar soap for washing your baby’s body, you’ll love the Baby Dove Rich Moisture Baby Bar! It’s milder and more moisturizing than other ordinary baby soap bars.
After bath time we use Baby Dove Rich Moisture Lotion. It’s made with 100% skin-natural nutrients and gentle moisturizes for 24 hours of moisture, and it even soothes dry skin from the first use! It leaves my son’s skin feeling soft and delicately scented (seriously, I just love smelling him when we use it!).
Preparing for a day at the beach with a baby or toddler includes more than just knowing what to pack in your bag! It also means taking care of your sweet baby’s skin when you get home from playing in the sun! Baby Dove is the best choice for keeping your child’s delicate skin nourished and healthy. While there’s no one right way to parent, there is a superior way to care for baby’s skin! You can find out more about Baby Dove products by visiting BabyDove.com, and make sure you sign up here for Baby Dove coupons sent right to your inbox!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Baby Dove.