If you know someone who has just announced their pregnancy, this healthy pregnancy gift basket makes the perfect present! It’s full of things that will help her have a healthy pregnancy!
Anyone who has ever been pregnant knows that staying healthy during pregnancy presents its own set of challenges. Not only do you have to worry about your own health, but you have to think about the health of your growing baby. Things like sleep, calories, and nutrients like calcium need to be increased, and you may even have to eliminate some bad habits. It can be overwhelming whether it’s your first time being pregnant or even your third!
The good news is that it’s also easy to take care of yourself and have a healthy pregnancy, as long as you have the right tools to help you along the way. Today I have put together a “Healthy Pregnancy” gift basket that would make a great gift for a friend who has just announced her pregnancy! It includes things to help you get the nutrients you need during pregnancy, as well as things to keep your body feeling its best!
1. Water bottle. Getting enough water is important even when you’re not pregnant, and you especially don’t want to get dehydrated during pregnancy. It can lead to headaches, nausea, and in the third trimester, preterm labor. A new water bottle is a great reminder for a newly pregnant woman to drink enough water!
2. Foot soak. It’s widely known that during pregnancy, your feet swell up. Soaking your feet in warm water with an herbal salt soak mixed in will not only help relax you, but will feel good on those aching feet!
3. Viactiv Calcium Soft Chews. Did you know that the majority of women are calcium deficient, and that many prenatal vitamins provide only 20-30% of the recommended daily amount of calcium for women who are pregnant? Your baby needs calcium to develop healthy teeth, bones, muscles, and heart. If you aren’t getting enough calcium in your diet, your baby’s calcium needs will be met by taking calcium from your own bones, putting your own bone health at risk.
4. Lotion for stretch marks. I have gotten new stretch marks with each of my pregnancies, and one thing that I have used to help minimize them each time is cocoa butter lotion. No, it doesn’t really make you have a “healthy” pregnancy, but it certainly helps you take care of your body. Plus anything that smells like chocolate is fabulous in my book!
5. Sleep mask. Pregnant women need extra sleep, and I thought it would be fun to remind the receiver of your gift to get more sleep! Sometimes getting a good night’s sleep during pregnancy is hard, and blocking out any extra light and making things extra dark can help!
6. A cookbook with recipes for a healthy pregnancy. Personally, the thing I struggle with the most during pregnancy is eating healthy. During the second trimester you need about 300 more calories per day, and during the third trimester you need about 500 more calories per day. It can be hard not to use those calories on treats that might be delicious, but don’t give you any nutritional value. Gifting a cookbook specifically for pregnancy is a great way to help someone who is pregnant fill up on healthy foods that will give their baby the proper nutrients, like iron, vitamin D, folic acid, and iodine.
7. Stress-relief body wash. Life is full of stress and worry, and if you add in growing a baby on top of that, yikes! Treat your pregnant friend and give her a special body wash that contains lavender or eucalyptus to help her relax. It will help her feel better and help remind her just to breathe and enjoy her pregnancy.
Staying healthy and taking care of yourself and your baby during pregnancy doesn’t have to be hard, as long as you are purposefully making good choices!