This fruit pizza is so easy and so yummy! The best way to eat fruit! A layer of soft sugar cookie, topped with cream cheese frosting, and colorful fruit! The perfect dessert for your next party!
Growing up, my mom had a few delicious desserts in her file of recipe cards that my sister and I loved to help make. The classic jello poke cake, ice cream cone cupcakes, and one of my favorites, the fruit pizza.
It’s pretty simple, but it comes together so perfectly. I love the bright colors, and honestly, it’s my favorite way to eat fruit. A layer of soft sugar cookie topped with cream cheese frosting and sweet fruit. Mmmm.
I haven’t made one since my kids were born so last week I decided to throw one together and let the kids help! Maybe next time I’ll let them decorate it, but you know since I was taking pictures for ya’ll I had to make it pretty!
The whole time we were making it together my son kept asking if he could eat the cookie. Even before we had frosted it! That’s how much my family is into sweets, guys. We can’t get enough.
One of the best parts about this recipe is that it can easily be turned into mini fruit pizzas, too. Just roll the dough and cut it into little circles instead of pressing it into a pizza pan.
Next time you’re asked to bring the dessert to a party, think about bringing one of these bad boys. Everyone will love it, and you can even do colors to match your favorite football team or the closest holiday! Fruit comes in every color so the possibilities are endless!
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- a variety of different fruits
- Mix shortening, sugar, egg, vanilla, and milk until creamy
- Add in dry ingredients until combined
- Press into a greased and floured pizza pan in a circle about ¼" thick
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 12-15 minutes, until edges start to turn a light brown
- Cool cookie completely. While cooling, use a spatula to lift cookie gently from pan so it doesn't stick while cooling
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until creamy and light
- Spread onto cooled cookie
- Top with fruit!
I really do hope you guys get a chance to try this one because oh, it is so good. And it tasted exactly like I remembered from when I was a kid. Mmm. Nostalgia.