My all-time favorite dessert from any restaurant ever was the Apple Chimicheesecake from Applebee’s. When I found out they had discontinued it several years ago, I was devastated. Where was I going to get my sweet, fried, apple cheesecake treat?
A few years passed and I eventually found a new favorite dessert, but the memory of the Apple Chimicheesecake was never forgotten.
Then a few weeks ago, I made an apple dessert quesadilla and it resembled the Apple Chimicheesecake so much that I decided to try using similar ingredients and making it in burrito form. The results were fabulous. Hence, this Applebee’s Apple Chimicheesecake copycat recipe!
If you were never privileged to try it while it was on the menu, let me fill you in. It’s a crispy tortilla covered in cinnamon and sugar, filled with a creamy, warm apple cheesecake, and served with vanilla ice cream and a caramel drizzle. YES. It’s incredible.
I was a fool and only made one of these beauties and I had to share it with my husband, son, and daughter. Needless to say, I was for sure wanting more by the time it was gone. Also needless to say, I will be making this again very soon.
If you’re looking for a unique, easy dessert that is sure to impress, this is the one. I promise you won’t be sad you tried it!
- 1 Gala apple
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 burrito size flour tortilla
- cinnamon and sugar mixture
- caramel sauce
- vanilla ice cream
- Dice your apple into small pieces.
- In a small pot, combine diced apples, brown sugar, and butter over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until apples are soft. Let cool.
- Blend cream cheese, white sugar, and vanilla with hand mixer until smooth.
- Fold in apple mixture.
- Spread butter over 1 side of tortilla and rub cinnamon and sugar mixture on it.
- Spoon apple cheesecake mixture into middle of the opposite side of your tortilla. Fold the sides in, then roll up burrito-style.
- Fry in a pan over medium heat until crispy. Make sure you flip your burrito to cook all sides.
- Cut in half and serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and enjoy!