Let me just tell you, this recipe is amazing. It is creamy and cheesy and full of fresh garden goodness. I have made it several times since coming up with it about a month ago, and I'm sure you will fall in love with it, too! Plus my basil plant just keeps putting out a ton of leaves, and I need to use them somehow!
This dish is delicious at lunch or dinner, and the leftovers taste good, too! That is, of course, if you have any!
Cheesy Pesto and Tomato Pasta
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 10 oz. bowtie pasta
- 1 1/2 c. fresh basil leaves
- 5 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 1/3 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 tomato, diced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is boiling, make the pesto! Combine the basil, olive oil, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and garlic in a food processor until mixed well. Add in 1/4 c. mozzarella and blend until it doesn't get any more chopped.
- In the same pan you cooked the pasta, melt butter over medium heat. Add in the whipping cream and let it get thick, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pesto and let the sauce thicken more, about 7 more minutes.
- Add 1/3 c. mozzarella cheese and stir until melted.
- Toss in the pasta and diced tomatoes.
So really, I beg you to try this recipe. You will not be sorry!