Something you need to know about me is that I love guacamole. I don’t just like it, I love it. So when I first tasted this guacamole, I knew it was a winner. I first found the recipe on Oprah’s website, and after a few changes, this is still my go-to guacamole recipe.
Honestly, I think sometimes it is why we get invited to parties. Recently, our friends have taken to adding it to their burgers, and I usually have to make a double batch so there’s enough to go around. Since I have changed a few things over the years, I thought I would share it with everyone! Plus, it’s the perfect Super Bowl side!
Okay, so I really do think this is the best guacamole you will ever make. I am not lying when I don’t even know how many times I have been asked for this recipe. And it comes out perfect every time! You really will love it!
I mean really, how can you not want to try that? To make this guacamole, first mash four avocados in a medium-sized bowl.
Next, chop 1/2 c. red onion. Remove the seeds from one serrano pepper, and cut it in half, and half again. Then finely chop the pepper so the pieces are small. Wash a bunch of cilantro, remove the leaves, and chop the leaves up into tiny pieces. You will need 2 Tbsp. of finely chopped cilantro. Add in the minced garlic, salt, and lime juice, and mix it all up!!
- 4 ripe Hass avocados
- ½ c. chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1 finely chopped serrano pepper
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ heaping tsp. minced garlic (seriously, overflowing please)
- Juice of ½ lime
- Mash up the avocados. You can make it more chunky or more smooth. It just depends on what you like.
- Add the next five ingredients and mix well.
- Add the lime juice and mix well again.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so the flavors can all blend together.
- Serve with tortilla chips, on salads and burritos, on burgers, or with quesadillas. It's really good on almost anything.
I hope you get a chance to try out this amazing guacamole! It really is my favorite guacamole recipe ever, and definitely one of the recipes the Mister brags about the most! Enjoy!