This post is sponsored by PinkBlush Maternity. I received free product in exchange for this post.
When I found out I was pregnant with my first baby, I was so excited that I bought (and started wearing) maternity clothes when I was only 2 months pregnant. You might think that’s ridiculous, but after trying to get pregnant for 15 months, I was so ready to embrace every aspect of pregnancy, maternity clothes included.
Now that I’m on my third pregnancy, I still love maternity clothes. I wear them every day and I think they are the best. If I could, I would for sure wear maternity pants every day, even when I’m not pregnant. Stretchy waistbands are the bomb!
But if you aren’t quite as convinced about the benefits and amazingness (yes, it’s a word) of maternity clothes, I am here to change your mind! Today I am partnering with my favorite maternity store, PinkBlush Maternity, and I am going to tell you six myths about maternity clothes and why they are ALL false! Maternity clothes are a MUST when you’re pregnant, so give me a chance to change your mind and show you why you should definitely buy maternity clothes when you’re pregnant.
1. Maternity clothes are hard to find. FALSE! Maternity clothes are not hard to find at all. A lot of major chain stores have maternity sections so you can try clothes on before you buy them, and then there’s the wonderful internet with tons of maternity stores for every style. I actually even wrote a post all about the best places to buy maternity clothes (in store and online) so you shouldn’t even try to get this little lie past me.
2. Maternity clothes are uncomfortable. FALSE! As soon as you slip into a pair of maternity pants or pull on a maternity shirt, your mind will quickly change on this one. The stretchy waistbands of maternity pants and the extra room in maternity tops are oh so comfy. And don’t even get me started on maternity dresses. This white floral maternity dress is so soft, has ruched sides, and is stretchy so it can fit me comfortably throughout my whole pregnancy. Maternity dresses are amazing. This myth is a big fat lie so stop telling it to yourself!
3. Maternity clothes are expensive. FALSE! I mean yes, there are some that are on the more expensive end, but that’s how all clothes are. There are lots of great places to buy affordable maternity clothes. One of my favorites is PinkBlush Maternity, and they even have a great clearance section. You can even get 15% off your first order when you subscribe to their mailing list! So no, maternity clothes are not expensive. Definitely not any more expensive than non-maternity clothes!
4. You don’t need maternity clothes when you’re pregnant. FALSE! Oh my goodness, unless you want to wear your husband’s extra large shirts and sweatpants during your whole pregnancy, this is not true! You can get away with wearing most of your shirts until maybe the middle of your second trimester, but then you’ll start stretching them out and you will probably ruin them and not be able to wear them after pregnancy. So you definitely need maternity tops. And as far as pants go, you’ll probably need to get some maternity pants even before your maternity tops. With all three of my pregnancies, I haven’t been able to fit into my regular pants by the beginning of the second trimester. If bloating doesn’t make it impossible to button your pants, then the growing baby bump will. You definitely, absolutely need maternity clothes.
5. Maternity clothes are a waste of money. FALSE! Yes, it’s true that maternity clothes are only meant to be worn for less than nine months. But honestly, a lot of them you can wear when you’re not pregnant, and you’ll probably be wearing them for a few weeks (or maybe months) after your baby is born, too. If you don’t have a ton of extra money to spend on maternity clothes be smart and shop for things that you can wear during pregnancy and when you’re not pregnant. I definitely plan on wearing this floral top after I’m pregnant, too! And remember the gorgeous mint lace dress I wore in Little A’s maternity pictures two years ago? Well I definitely wear that when I’m not pregnant, too! Maternity clothes are absolutely not a waste of money.
6. Maternity clothes are ugly. FALSE! This may be the biggest myth on this list, because maternity clothes are SO CUTE! There are maternity clothes for every style, and I have a hard time not buying a full wardrobe every time I’m pregnant! Maternity clothes may not have been super cute like 15 or 20 years ago, but now they are adorable, and I want them all. One glance at PinkBlush Maternity‘s site and I think you’ll agree with me, even if we have totally different styles!!
There are a lot of myths about maternity clothes out there, but most of them aren’t true. Maternity clothes today are cute, affordable, comfortable, and definitely a must-have when you’re pregnant. So stop trying to tell yourself you don’t need them, because you do!! And I’m sure once you wear your first maternity outfit, you’ll be hooked, too!