These Pumpkin Oreo Cupcakes are the perfect fall or Halloween dessert! Pumpkin, Oreos, and chocolate are an amazing combo! You have to try this one!
There is this place close to BYU campus called The Malt Shoppe. It is a delicious 50s style diner that has been there for who knows how long and serves burgers, fries, and insanely amazing shakes and malts. My friend Becky and I used to go there all the time while we were in school.
My all-time favorite milkshake I ever got there was a Pumpkin Oreo Milkshake. Now, I know what you are thinking. I was skeptical at first, too, but it really was love at first sip.
Now that we live several thousand miles away from Provo, it is difficult to match this unique flavor. But oh, I have come up with a magical solution that is perfect for fall, Halloween, and my pumpkin Oreo craving!
Yes, the fabulous and delicious Pumpkin Oreo Cupcake. I have seen all kinds of pumpkin Oreo cheesecake recipes on Pinterest, but cupcakes seem to be missing. So I took a few recipes and adapted them to include Oreos and chocolate. Because how can you go wrong doing that?
I’m sure you can tell I had lots of fun with these little yummies. And they were even more fun to eat! They are moist and delicious and the Oreos give them just the right amount of texture. I will be honest and tell you I am not a frosting whiz, but I think they look good with the crumbled Oreos on top. So please, make them and find out how incredible the combination of pumpkin and Oreos can be!
- 3 c. flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ c. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. milk
- 18 crushed up Oreos, plus more for decoration
- Your favorite chocolate frosting recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with liners, or spray with non-stick cooking spray (don't forget to spray in-between batches if you do this).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy and smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then add the vanilla, pumpkin, and vegetable oil. Beat in the flour, baking soda, and salt, alternating with the milk. Slowly add in the crushed Oreos, making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl. Your batter will look pretty thick and fluffy.
- Pour the batter into cupcake tins, filling ¾ of the way. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes to a cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting. Then decorate with crushed Oreos.
And there you have it! Your delicious Pumpkin Oreo Cupcakes, just in time for fall and Halloween. Enjoy!