One of my favorite treats growing up was the Double Doozie Sugar Cookies from the Great American Cookie Company at the mall. My sister and I would always beg my mom to buy us one and we would never be able to finish them. Now that I am older and my sweet tooth has definitely stuck around, I still have to fight the temptation not to buy one every time I am at the mall. But lucky (or unlucky) for me, I have figured out how to make a super fast and easy cookie at home, that tastes just like the ones at the mall! And is WAY cheaper!!
The best thing about this cookie is that it uses three store-bought ingredients, and is super fast to make. I tested out a few different brands before I came up with the perfect combination of sugar cookie and frosting. And oh my goodness, it really is just as good as those sugary treats from the mall.
The secret to making the famous Double Doozie at home is to use Pillsbury Sugar Cookie dough and Betty Crocker Whipped Fluffy White frosting. Add sugar sprinkles and ta-dah! It is perfect!
These are the perfect little treat if you are in a bind and don’t have time to make your own frosting and cookies, but still want a delicious treat that kids (and parents) will love. It’s so easy and seriously, I can’t tell you how yummy these taste. They were gone so fast.
- 1 roll of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie dough
- 1 can of Betty Crocker Whipped Fluffy White frosting
- Multicolored sugar sprinkles
- Place ½" balls of sugar cookie dough on a wax-paper lined cookie sheet. Using a glass, press into circles (but not too thin). Sprinkle with sugar sprinkles. Bake according to package instructions, but lean on the shorter time side because you want them soft and chewy.
- Let cool and then using a piping bag (it's easy and looks better, but isn't necessary), put a hearty amount of frosting on the back of one of the cookies. Sandwich it with another cookie, pressing softly and not hard enough that the frosting will ooze out completely.
It almost seems silly for me to type out directions because they are so easy to make, but I guess that is why you are coming to this post, right?
Anyway, once I discovered this secret to homemade Double Doozie Sugar Cookies I knew I couldn’t keep it to myself. And I am sure once my littles are big enough that I have to start sending them places with treats, these will be frequently made in my kitchen.