This list of podcasts for pregnancy is great! Whether you’re pregnant, have been pregnant, or are trying to get pregnant, you’ll find a podcast here for you with these podcasts about pregnancy!
If there’s one thing I love as much as reading, talking, and writing about pregnancy, it’s listening to other people talk about pregnancy. Last year I actually discovered that there are entire podcasts devoted to just that! You can imagine my joy and surprise when I realized this, because I discovered it right before our 17-hour drive from Iowa to Idaho and it kept me alert and awake the whole time!
Anyway, I absolutely love listening to podcasts about pregnancy both when I’m not pregnant and when I am, because it’s amazing to hear how different and yet the same pregnancy is for every woman. There are so many things that can go wrong, so many things that can go right, so many feelings, and so many right ways to have a baby. I really do love learning all I can from people sharing their pregnancy stories.
Today I wanted to share 13 of my favorite podcasts for pregnancy because I am sure I’m not the only one who loves hearing about other women’s experiences with pregnancy!
1. Pregnancy Perfect. Okay so this podcast actually ended, but there are 74 episodes so it doesn’t even matter! Host Kayla Geddes interviews new moms and/or more seasoned moms that share with their experience through their pregnancy, as well as offering tips, family traditions and remedies, apps that helped them and things like their weirdest symptoms, crazy food cravings, the biggest lesson they learned, and what they would do differently in their next pregnancy. The Pregnancy Perfect Podcast is to give you, the Mommy-To-Be or seasoned Mom, more valuable tips, tools, and inspiration that you can immediately use to make this pregnancy perfect for you! Kayla and her guests discuss things such as miscarriage, labor, delivery, fertility issues, infertility, stillborn, conceiving, maternity clothes, motherhood, breastfeeding, and baby. It’s easily my favorite on this whole list.
2. Mama Bear at Home. This is the only podcast not specifically about pregnancy, and the host (again, Kayla Geddes), is actually taking a hiatus right now from hosting, but I love it nonetheless and she does talk about pregnancy in a lot of the episodes. Mama Bear at Home features weekly guests to talk about different aspects of motherhood. Mama Bear is meant to encourage, inspire, and entertain young mothers during this amazing and difficult journey. I actually was inspired to start journaling again after listening to the first episode! It’s great!
3. Pregnancy Confidential. This podcast is a series of 32 podcasts designed to be accessed weekly by expectant moms. Hosted by editors from Parents and Fit Pregnancy and Baby magazines, each 10-20 minute podcast walks listeners through the physical, emotional, and/or lifestyle markers of that week of pregnancy. The tone is friendly, fun, and conversational—you can read the medical information about pregnancy elsewhere. This podcast will be your best friend taking you through the real feelings—the joy and the annoyances—of pregnancy so you never have to experience any of it alone. This is real talk/girlfriend-to-girlfriend stuff you might not get elsewhere. And since the episodes are short, you can listen to them usually without having to take a break in between!
4. Pregnancy Podcast. This one is all about navigating the crazy awesomeness that is pregnancy, birth, and being a new parent! Vanessa Merten provides info that goes way beyond the typical “pregnancy instruction manual” by sharing all of the pros and cons, different perspectives, the latest research, and expert guests here and there – all so you decide what the best option is for you and feel confident about your decisions while you are pregnant and beyond. The Pregnancy Podcast covers everything from pregnancy, prenatal care, labor, natural birth, breast feeding, newborns, and being a new parent. The Pregnancy Podcast is a resource to help you make informed decisions about your pregnancy and your baby. Rest assured, you’ll find the real solutions that are in line with your family and your lifestyle. It’s perfect if you’re looking for advice about any pregnancy or birth topic!
5. The Healthy Belly Pregnancy Podcast. The Healthy Belly’s Radio Podcast series connects the listeners with their online pregnancy and parenting website. It features interviews with Dr. Bob Sears, Ricki Lake, and Birgitt. These podcasts are for parents who want to learn about the stages of their babies’ development but who don’t have time to log onto their website. It’s more informational, but still great!
6. Pea in the Podcast. This podcast is dedicated to guiding and nurturing you through each stage of your pregnancy. Join other moms-to-be and the experts including doctors, midwives, doulas, and authors as they guide you through each week of your pregnancy. They also have gone in-depth on a range of pregnancy topics to bring you the latest news and information to make sure you make the most of this incredible journey to motherhood!
7. PregTASTIC. PregTASTIC has over 250 episodes of podcasts by pregnant women and for pregnant women about the fantastic journey to motherhood. Full of expert information and friendly advice, opinions, and different perspectives for soon-to-be moms. Weekly guests include doctors, doulas, authors, etc. Hosted by “real” pregnant women with the same joys, concerns, and swollen feet as their listeners.
8. Preggie Pals. This podcast helps educate and entertain expectant mothers and those hoping to become pregnant. Each episode features a panel of pregnant women, at various stages and trimesters, as well as experts. Together they explore topics aimed to embrace pregnancy and encourage women to pursue their individual childbirth choices. Which is great because your pregnancy and childbirth choices really are yours to make!
9. Birthful. Host Adriana Lozada talks with pregnancy, birth and postpartum experts to distill that information down to the relevant stuff. Think of them as your own specialized team of birth pros! They know that being pregnant can be tough, that being a mom can be hard, that having a baby can be exhausting, and they hope to make it easier by giving you tried and tested tips and tools that you can use. From “laid-back” breastfeeding to safer bed-sharing, circumcision to VBACs, they’ll give you well-researched, evidence-based information so you can make the choices that best fit your family.
10. Common Sense Pregnancy. Common Sense Pregnancy, the podcast, is a breath of fresh air: accessible, authoritative, funny, reassuring and personal. It’s chock-full of host Jeanne’s comprehensive, medically-sound advice and insights, plus conversations with women, mothers, and experts in pregnancy, parenting, and the power to change the world. The host, Jeanne Faulkner, is a women’s health expert, labor nurse, feminist, mother of four, Fit Pregnancy.com columnist and author of Common Sense Pregnancy. She provides the honest insider advice you need during pregnancy, labor, birth, and parenthood. Jeanne believes that parents have the power to change the world.
11. The Birth Hour. This podcast serves as a place for women to share their childbirth stories of all shapes and sizes. Each week she releases two podcast episodes featuring births that range from homebirths in a woman’s backyard to unexpected cesareans in the hospital, and that take place in the United States, Russia, and everywhere in between. Each episode is raw, honest, and beautiful, even when the outcome of the birth may not have been what the mother had planned. The purpose is to inform listeners about birth while also providing a safe place to talk about the issues and emotions surrounding birth and motherhood. If you’re into birth stories, you will love this one! (I was even interviewed by Bryn! You can check out my episode here)
12. Baby in Bloom. This podcast is specifically for first-time pregnant moms, and host Linda Lia shares tips and advice on pregnancy with special focus on first time pregnant moms. Learn about pregnancy facts versus myths and get one step closer to a more successful pregnancy. If you’re on your first pregnancy, definitely check this one out.
13. Bellies to Birthcast. There are only 8 episodes in this podcast, but in those few episodes they guide you through the pinnacles and pitfalls of pregnancy and natural childbirth with expert interviews, helpful tips, and inspirational stories spanning birth beyond the basics, homebirth, VBAC, waterbirth, cultural childbirth practices, new baby care, breastfeeding, and more so you can make informed decisions for your family. If you’re thinking you want to go more natural, this is a great podcast to check out.
So there you have it! Thirteen great podcasts for pregnancy. Now you have like hours of pregnancy stories to go listen to! Hooray! If there are any others you love that you think should be added to the list let me know and I’ll check them out!!