This patriotic layered jello salad is perfect for the Fourth of July or any summer barbecue! It’s super easy and looks beautiful!
I shared this post on Sugar Bee Crafts two weeks ago, and I am excited to get to share it with you guys today! It’s a super yummy layered jello salad, and it’s one of my favorite recipes!
My mom used to always make this dessert for holidays, and when I found out how easy it was, I knew I would be making it all the time. The color/flavor combo is really up to you, so it works for pretty much any holiday or celebration!
You only need two ingredients, and even though it takes a while to let each layer set, I promise it is so worth it! This dessert is always a hit, and it’s perfect for Fourth of July barbecues!
- 5 (3 oz) packages of red and blue Jello
- 1 pint sour cream
- Mix 1 cup boiling water with one package of Jello until dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, mix ¼ cup of the Jello mixture with ⅓ cup sour cream. I would recommend using a whisk so you mix out all the clumps. Pour the sour cream mixture into a 9x13" pan and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Add 3 Tbsp. cold water to the remainder of the Jello after you put the sour cream layer in the fridge to set.
- After 30 minutes, slowly pour the rest of the Jello over the sour cream later. Let set 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Repeat steps 1-4 with the rest of the flavors. Enjoy!
For my layers, I used 2 Berry Blues, 1 Cherry, 1 Strawberry, and 1 Raspberry, but if you wanted to stick with only two flavors, you could easily just do 2 Berry Blues and 3 Strawberry.
I told you it was easy! And people will always be amazed at how yummy and pretty it looks.
It serves up super easy, and leftovers last for a few days if you cover it in the fridge (if you have any leftovers!). It really is the perfect dessert for Fourth of July barbecues, and people will definitely be asking you for the recipe!
Now aren’t you just super excited for the Fourth of July? What kinds of family traditions do you have for this fun holiday? Let me know!
And don’t forget to check out the Red, White, and Blue series on Sugar Bee Crafts for more awesome Fourth of July recipes and crafts!