A while ago I posted on my Facebook page asking what you guys wanted me to write about that would be helpful. I had someone suggest writing about things to do with your husband before you have a baby, and I thought that would be a great idea! The transition to being parents puts a different (albeit better) dynamic on your relationship, so you want to try and enjoy the time with just you two before it changes! And there are definitely some things you can’t do together once you are pregnant or for a few months after you have a baby. So I thought I would put together a list of things to do with your husband before you have a baby! The first part of the list includes things to do before you get pregnant, and the second part includes things you can do while you are pregnant.
1. Go on a bike ride. The Mister and I really enjoy going on bike rides together, and since your balance gets messed up during pregnancy (and it isn’t really safe in case you fall), it is a good idea to get in as many bike rides as you can before you get pregnant!
2. Go sledding or skiing. Sledding is my all-time favorite winter activity. The last two winters I was pregnant, so I wasn’t able to go sledding. I think it’s pretty obvious why you shouldn’t go sledding or skiing while you are pregnant. So get it done while you can!
3. Go ice skating or roller skating. Since balance is off and falling is not safe when you are pregnant, these two things are definitely out when you are “with child.” But they can be really fun things to do with your husband, so do them before you get pregnant!
4. Go to a waterpark or theme park. We found out I was pregnant two weeks before we went to the Mall of America last year, and weren’t telling our friends that we were pregnant yet so I had to use the excuse “I’m not really a ride person.” Lies, my friends. I love rides. You just can’t go down water slides or on roller coasters when you are pregnant! So go spend time in the sun and have fun with your husband!
5. Do something you have always wanted to do together. This can include travel, daring adventures, or something small. When you start your family, there will always be an excuse not to do something. “I don’t want to leave the kids” is one that is common in our house. So do that thing you have always wanted to do together before you start your family! Because once you are pregnant and feeling sick and huge, you won’t want to do anything like that. For example, the Mister and I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter before we started trying to get pregnant. I was definitely crying in that picture above. DREAMS COME TRUE!
Come back next Monday, when I share 9 things to do with your husband before your baby is born!
And before you get pregnant, check out this list of things to do so you can have the healthiest pregnancy possible!