Last week I shared 5 things to do before you get pregnant, and now I am back with 9 things to do before your baby is born! These are things you can still do when you are pregnant, but that are difficult (or impossible!) to do when your baby is born.
1. Take a weekend trip. When you have a baby, you can’t just up and go places for the weekend when you want. Babies need a lot of things and they definitely require a lot of extra planning and room in your suitcase. It is hard to go on a quick trip when you have to do things around nursing your baby and naptime. So go take a weekend trip before your baby is born! It will be a great thing for you and your husband to do together before you become a family of three!
2. Go to dinner. Having a baby makes it harder to go out to dinner. Even if you leave your baby at home with a babysitter, it can be stressful (I don’t think that’s just me). So go out to a nice dinner that you can enjoy together without having to worry about a screaming baby. It will be relaxing and a good way to spend your last few months (or weeks, or days) together before baby arrives.
3. Go camping. I’m sure some people would be fine taking a baby camping, but like I said earlier, babies require a lot of things and it would be hard to take them all on a camping trip. Until your baby is several months old, it will probably be pretty hard to go camping, so do it before your baby is born!
4. Go out with friends. If you haven’t already noticed, having a baby makes things more difficult (at first, but it’s so worth it!). Before your baby is born, go out on a double or triple date with friends. We had some friends who were due two weeks before us, and it was fun to do things together before our babies were born! It took a while after they were born before we got the courage to go out with two babies!
5. Go to a sports event. We took Little J to a baseball game when he was three-months-old and it was awful. He pretty much cried the whole time. So before your baby is born, go to a baseball, basketball, or football game and enjoy getting to shout and clap and yell. Because once your baby is born, they will not appreciate all that noise!
6. Go to a movie. I can’t imagine that the audience would appreciate you bringing your baby to a movie once they are born, so go see a movie in the theater before! Plus, depending on how often your baby eats, you may not even be able to leave them with a babysitter once they are born to go see a movie.
7. Take Sunday naps. Once your baby is born, you won’t be able to take long afternoon naps together. This is definitely something I miss doing, and I wish I had done it more before our littles were born! There’s something relaxing about taking a nap with your husband in the middle of the day!
8. Enjoy lazy days and nights. Once your baby is born, you won’t be able to just sit around watching TV and doing whatever you want. So spend a nice lazy evening together binge-watching your favorite TV show together. Because when your baby is born, chances are he or she won’t let you sit on the couch for hours at a time!
9. Enjoy your last few months with just you two! It will go by so fast, and it won’t be just the two of you again for a long time (at least 18 years!).
Do you have any other ideas of things to do with your husband before your baby is born? Let me know!!